ACA Mandatory MarketPlace Employee Notification
To comply with the ACA and FLSA (29 USC section 218B):
- Obtain the model notice:
- employers who do not offer a health plan
- employers who offer a health plan
- Complete Part B with information about the employer and health plan eligibility rules (if any).
- Develop a system to deliver the written notice to all employees by October 1, 2013.
- Starting October 1, 2013, provide a notice to new hires at (or within 14 days of) time of hire.
- Stay abreast of information:
- Technical Release No. 2013-02: Guidance on the Notice to Employees of Coverage Options under FLSA §18B
- FAQs about Affordable Care Act Implementation Part XI
- US DOL’s Affordable Care Act webpage
- Covered California Fact Sheet
- Covered California Small Business Fact Sheet
- Covered California Small Business Tax Credit Fact Sheet